For this year, Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent luxury hotel brand, announces 23 new openings in many destinations around the world.
Starting from Spain, more specifically Palma de Mallorca, Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden has just opened, located in the old town of Palma and close to the port.
As a renovated medieval mansion, contemporary design blends in with the architecture of the past, displaying an incredible selection of works of art.
There are only 24 suites with velvet curtains and very big beds. The experience continues in the open-air restaurant, in the Botanic garden, where guests can enjoy the local food with an international touch. Rates start at $342.
Another important inauguration was the Bennett Hotel – as one of the most awaited in the southern United States, the property is perfect for guests looking for luxury and privacy.
This hotel overlooks Marion Square Park in Charleston, South Carolina, offering 179 guest rooms and suites, an upscale restaurant, a very sophisticated Bar & Lounge with pink marble and French bakery with fresh and delicious cakes.
Bennett Hotel décor, with its doors open since January, is inspired by Europe with traditional touches of South Carolina. Rates start at $297.
With opening scheduled for March, Santarena Hotel will be in Las Catalinas, Costa Rica, where the favorable weather lasts all year with beautiful beaches and breathtaking views.
There are only 45 rooms, a rooftop pool and rich gastronomy with local flavors, based on sustainability. At this hotel, visitors are provided with wellness and adventure activities. Rates start at $221.
Still in March, EQ Hotel will open in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. With a great location, it will be the ideal destination for travelers wishing to discover the business, shopping and entertainment region.
EQ Hotel will occupy a 52-story building, offering 440 contemporary apartments, events area, restaurants and bars with international cuisine, as well as fitness center, luxury Spa and 25-meter swimming pool. Rates start at $138.
A new paradise resort will open in Indonesia in April. Lelewatu Resort Sumba is on Sumba island and will stand on top of a cliff overlooking a lake and the Indian Ocean.
There will be 27 exclusive villas spread over an area of over 40,000 square meters, including private pools and incomparable services. Rates start at $910.
See the list of other Preferred Hotels & Resorts openings in 2019:
- Atelier Playa Mujeres – Playa Mujeres, Mexico – march 2019
- Estudio Playa Mujeres – Isla Mujeres, Mexico – june 2019
- Garza Blanca Los Cabos – Los Cabos, Mexico – january 2019
- Mystery Hotel Budapest – Budapest, Hungary – january 2019
- The First Roma Dolce – Rome, Italy – february 2019
- The One Palacio de Anunciada – Lisbon, Portugal – march 2019
- Hotel Hendricks – New York, United States – march 2019
- Amerikalinjen – Oslo, Norway – march 2019
- The Kitano Hotel Tokyo – Tokyo, Japan – april 2019
- The Greystone – Miami Beach, Florida, United States – april 2019
- Hotel Samzeo – Omalo, Georgia – may 2019
- Encore Boston Harbor – Everett, Massachusetts, United States – june 2019
- The Chedi – Mumbai, India – june 2019
- The Laszlo – Parker, Colorado, United States – august 2019
- The Diaoyutai Mansion – Frankfurt, Germany – august 2019
- Paramount Dubai – Dubai, United Arab Emirates – september 2019
- The Daytona Beach Convention Hotel – Daytona Beach, Florida, United States – october 2019
- Amrit Resort – Isla de Singer em Palm Beach, Florida, United States – november 2019
Source: Preferred Hotels & Resorts – images: release (February, 2019)